Friday, January 11, 2013

Book #2

The Fault in Our Stars

John Green


I'm a nerdfighter. If you don't know what that is, it's basically someone who loves John Green and Hank Green (his brother) and everything that they stand for, which includes all manner of interesting, obscure, nerdy things. 

Being that I am a nerdfighter, I dont really understand why it took me so long to read John's latest book, "The Fault in Our Stars." But I finally did, and about 20 minutes ago I finished it, and am now an emotional wreck because of it.

Never has a book made me cry so hard, and for such a long time. I cry a lot and often when reading books and watching movies. Even when rereading a book that made me cry the first time, I will cry again the second, and third and fourth time around. I am very aware of my book induced crying patterns and this bout was unprecedented. Usually, I'll cry for a page or two. Maybe, if the book is a real tear jerker, a page hear and there, interspersed throughout the book. In "The Fault in Our Stars", I cried for a good four chapters. And not little tears. Really big, fat tears. I was sobbing. But in a very good way.

The book was awesome. Go out and buy it. I am planning on rereading it in the near future, armed with a tissue box and a highlighter to mark the profound thoughts and quotes that are everywhere in the book.

"The Fault in Our Stars" is my second book of 2013. I have a feeling it may make a second appearence later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment