Wednesday, January 23, 2013

An Update from the Airport

I have been on vacation for the past 5 weeks, and I thought that I would get so much reading done. I was just in Florida for a week, and I had hoped to at least read three books.

Well guess what, readership of one?

I did not finish one book. In fact, I hardly read at all.

I read a couple of chapters of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which I am rereading for the bazillionth time, and I also started Sense and Sensibility. I had brought three other books with me. Three! And I didn't read anything! And college is starting next week!

In summation, this challenge is super hard. I didn't realize how many books I would have to read to complete it. Its about a book and two-thirds a week, and thats an intense reading regimen. I mean I knew one hundred books is a lot of books, but I didn't realize just how long it takes to read a book. I also naturally chose one hundred cause it sounds the best. How wimpy does "52 Books in a Year" sound? That's a horrible name for a blog.

But, dear readership of one, I have found a solution, in the shape of children's literature. Nancy Drew novels, here I come!

Until next time.... 2/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment