Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book #1

The Night Circus

Erin Morgenstern


I did not put much thought into my first book of 2013. I read books so often that the choosing of a book is not really auspicious. Rarely do I specifically choose to read a certain book at a certain time. I like to just read, so I just grab whatever I can. I needed a book for my trip to Ohio, and "The Night Circus" came highly recommended, so I went for it.

I did not love it. I think it tried to hard to be good. The words, the style and the details were vibrant and colorful, but it seemed too much. There were too many specifics and not much of a big picture. Was it a good read? Yes. I enjoyed the process of reading it. It was suspenseful and had a decent plot line and a bunch of characters who were intriguing. But it wasn't amazing.

This is not such a terrible crime, but I happen to purchase many of the books that I read, so when I dont like a book that I have purchased, its a loss. I think I'm going to return it, but I am not sure if ethically I can. It's just that "The Night Circus" is not a book that I want to pick up and reread anytime soon.

And so begins the "100 Books in a Year" challenge. Yay New Year's Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment